You’ll learn a number of techniques and concepts to help you develop and delver programmes for beginner players.
You will improve your understanding of skills such as building rapport, explaining and demonstrating and keeping sessions safe. You will also learn about basic techniques and tactics of the sport and ideas to deliver fun and engaging sessions to a variety of players.
You’ll discover how to support, enhance and develop players, and attract new ones. The course is made up of the following topics:
- Junior squash and how to deliver squash within a primary and secondary school environment.
- Coaching adult participants through Squash 101 in informal play settings.
- An introduction to squash girls can and squash 57 including how to access coaching resources and use the England Squash App.
- Diagnosing common faults in beginner players and delivering conditioned games activities to help improve their performance.
This course is delivered fully online so you will need to complete all modules and assessment through our e-learning system.
- You must be at least 16 years of age
- You will need to have a reasonable knowledge and understanding of the game
- The course content is optimised to be completed using a laptop/desktop computer with broadband internet access.
Before you are awarded your certificate, you will also need:
"I really enjoyed the course and it has given me a lot of insight into coaching opportunities and so many resources." Madeline (Brighton)
"The course was very relevant and covered enough detail for those new to Squash and squash 57." Marc (Wolverhampton)
"This was very good and explained the concepts in a user friendly manner ... I think it's great to have a way to become qualified as a coach through an online course." Dilwynn (Warwickshire)