You’ll learn a number of skills and techniques from how to organise and build rapport with players to basic techniques, tactics and ideas to deliver fun and engaging sessions to a variety of players. You’ll discover how to support, enhance and develop players, and attract new ones. The course is made up of the following topics:
- Junior squash and how to deliver squash within a primary and secondary school environment.
- Coaching different participants within a club or leisure centre setting.
- An introduction to squash 57 and how to organise informal play sessions.
- Creating and nurturing effective squash and squash 57 communities.
- You must be at least 16 years of age
- You will need to have a reasonable knowledge and understanding of the game
Before you are awarded your certificate, you will also need to:
- The course costs £150 and includes one year's England Squash coaching membership (which includes Public Liability Insurance).
- You will need to have an up-to-date Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure (approx. £18)
- You must attend a safeguarding course - either face to face or online (approx. £20)
There may be some financial assistance available in your area - check out our funding opportunities.