This one-day coaching award provides your first steps into coaching and is a pre-requisite for those wishing to take the England Squash Club Coaching Award (Level 2).
On completion, you will be able to coach squash independently to groups of beginner players of any age.
Who it's for: ideal if you’re an aspiring coach with limited experience of coaching squash or a parent / leader looking to coach beginners of any age or increase squash participation.
You’ll learn a number of skills and techniques from how to organise and build rapport with players to basic techniques, tactics and ideas to deliver fun and engaging sessions to a variety of players. You’ll discover how to support, enhance and develop players, and attract new ones. The course is made up of the following topics:
- Junior squash and how to deliver squash within a primary and secondary school environment.
- Coaching different participants within a club or leisure centre setting.
- An introduction to squash 57 and how to organise informal play sessions.
- Creating and nurturing effective squash and squash 57 communities.
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- You will need to have a reasonable knowledge and understanding of the game.
- The course costs £150 and includes one year's England Squash coaching membership (which includes Public Liability Insurance).
- You will need to have an up-to-date Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure (approx. £18)
- You must attend a safeguarding course - either face to face or online (approx. £20
There may be some financial assistance available in your area - check out our funding opportunities.