The England Academy is a squad-based programme that aims to nurture England’s leading young talent, providing support in making the very difficult transition from promising junior to a world class senior player. Players selected to join our academy programme are subsequently expected to attend 8 x 3 day training camps scheduled throughout the year at the National Squash Centre in Manchester.
In addition to our Manchester training camps, academy players are able to access localised training via our five England Squash Performance Hubs located across the country. Each hub provides frequent training with an England Squash hub coach and often host several Team England and England Academy players.
Academy players receive the following support;
- EIS (English Institute of Sport) Sports Science & Medicine support
- Bi-annual fitness testing
- Player centered strength & conditioning programmes
- Nutrition support
- Private medical insurance including access to the BUPA ‘Heathy Minds’ scheme
- Bi-annual player reviews to set development goals and targets
- Financial assistance for PSA tournaments
Who it's for: The Academy programme is for young players embarking on a professional career in squash with aspirations of being world class. Selection is based on a players previous achievements and their future potential to contribute to Team England targets; for example, World Championship & Commonwealth Games medals.