Squash Girls Can Coach Development Programme
What is it?
The programme aims to increase the number of active female coaches through subsidised coaching courses. Those who attend one of the courses will become part of the Squash Girls Can community, deliver female-only squash sessions, and will have the opportunity to receive support and guidance to assist their development.
We offer the following subsidised courses:
- England Squash Participation Award (Lvl 1) - £75 (usual price £150)
- England Squash Club Coach Award (Lvl 2) - £130 (usual price £260)
How to apply
- Find a course you'd like to attend on our website.
- Use the online form to apply for a subsidised place.
- You will be informed whether your application has been successful no less than 3 weeks prior to the course start date.
"I thoroughly enjoyed the course and the process of starting coaching. The feedback I have had from all the ladies in my session has been amazing."- Janene, Level 1 coach
After the course
In return for the subsidised place candidates will:
- Deliver 10 Squash Girls Can sessions or more upon completion of the course.
- Aim to attract at least six regular participants to the above 10 sessions.
- Use the England Squash app to record sessions and participants for Squash Girls Can and other England Squash participation programmes.
- Add the above session to the Squash Girls Can online session map.
- Regularly post on social media using #squashgirlscan upon completion of the course – we can show you how to set up a Twitter page.
- Submit at least one case study from the first 10 sessions.
- Act as an ambassador for women and girls squash.
Session resources and support
We can provide you with all the resources to promote and deliver your sessions including:
- a free Dunlop kit bag to help you run your sessions once you have added your first 6 participants to the app and informed us.
- access to the Squash Girls Can toolkit which includes editable posters, images, ideas on how to publicise your sessions and much more.
- support to help you in developing your coaching.
- the opportunity to become part of a network of coaches offering support and guidance.
- support from the Women and Girls Advisory Group.
"I really enjoyed the course and coaching sessions. I found the whole experience enlightening." - Lori, Level 1 coach
Please email Jo: email@example.com.
Find out more about the available coaching courses.