About the Talent Pathway
The aim of the England Squash Talent Pathway is to provide:
- a system that provides sustainable senior success at world level
- players with a training environment and support system enabling them to achieve their potential
- an appropriate training culture and clear expectations of the performance system, staff and players
- proactive support to players on all aspects of their performance via player development plans and ongoing tracking.
We provide the following programmes:
- County programmes and local academies
- Aspire programme
- England Development Programme Potential
- England Development Programme (EDP)
- England Academy
- Team England
How the Pathway works
Performance Director Tom Duggan explains the Talent Pathway programmes in this short video:
Team England selection policy
Find out more about the Team England selection policy.
What's the recruitment process?
How are players placed into the programmes?
are placed throughout the Pathway in the appropriate training programmes based
on their ability and potential at that moment in time to enable groups of
similar players to train together. Whilst there is an upper age limit at each
training phase, there is no lower age limit, opening the Pathway to fast-track
exceptional talent at an early age if necessary.
How do players progress?
of players within the programmes will allow us to move players into relevant
training environments based on their developmental and personal needs. In some
circumstances, it's not realistic or expected that a player should return to
the training group they were previously in and may re-enter the Pathway in a
different training environment before progressing through the system.
We have built programmes to provide the very best opportunities for a young player to perform to their potential - taking into account the inevitable ups and downs along the way. We cannot guarantee a players’ success but we can provide the best possible environment for them to develop as we work against a clear set of benchmarks that help us make the right decisions for them as players and young adults.
Who can I speak to about the Pathway?
Please get in touch with our performance team: firstname.lastname@example.org