Meet the Squash 101 Champions
We're excited to introduce the new team of Squash 101 Champions who are helping to drive the Squash 101 programme and get more adults on court across the country. The Squash 101 Champions came together at the recent orientation day where they were given all the ideas and tools they need to get started in their role.
A Squash 101 Champion's role is to:
- Deliver Squash 101 sessions.
- Support more venues to hold Squash 101 sessions.
- Organise Squash 101 leaders course to train more leaders.
- Support and mentor newly trained Squash 101 leaders.
Squash 101 Champions will operate in their local area, forming links with local clubs, leisure centres and other venues to organise Squash 101 activities. They will be on hand to give advice, train new Squash 101 leaders and help clubs and venues get Squash 101 started.
Who are the Squash 101 Champions?
- Dave Scurlock - Lancashire
- Sarah Bailey - Lancashire
- Andy Hay - Nottinghamshire
- Garrie Darling - Lincolnshire
- Jo Woods - Cheshire
- Becca James - Hampshire
- Justin Walton - Essex
- Stephen Lloyd - Hertfordshire
- Steve Mooney - Devon
- Pippa Hayes - Yorkshire
If your club, venue, or county association would like to find out more about how Squash 101 can get more adults playing regular squash at your club contact Jo Rowbottom who can put you in touch with your local Squash 101 Champion.
No Squash 101 Champion near you?
Don't worry, we can still give you all the tools and information you need to start Squash 101 at your venue.