Squash from the Mosque
Uniting the local community through our great game
Find out how to
start delivering this programme at your club/venue and access educational
resources and promotional downloads.
Squash from the Mosque takes the game into the heart of communities, connecting with new audiences and inspiring more people to become active through squash. It is designed to break down barriers to play, change mindsets and create cultural shifts within the squash community.
We’ve partnered with Calder Community Squash to develop the programme and create more opportunities for people of Muslim faith to step on court and ensure the squash community is more reflective of society.
Why deliver Squash from the Mosque?
- Reach new audiences and attract new players who are less likely to take part in traditional club activities.
- Increase court usage and associated income at your club or venue.
- Increase the diversity of your membership whilst fostering greater inclusivity across the wider club.
- Get a feel-good factor spreading amongst your membership with new faces and renewed enthusiasm.
Hear from clubs who already deliver the programme
Hear from coach Ruth Swindell on how the programme benefits The Northern Lawn Tennis Club in Manchester.
How to get started
- Find out more about the programme, gain taster
sessions tips, and more with our Squash from the Mosque Starter Guide.
- Upskill your coaches with our short Squash from the Mosque online course.
- Promote your sessions with visually engaging graphics and videos from the Squash from the Mosque toolkit.
Training and support
Aron from Calder Community Squash will be delivering training sessions to help clubs gain an understanding of the programme and how they can start their own Squash from the Mosque sessions. The training will be 10am-1pm:
- The Midlands
Tuesday 28 November, Burton Manor Sports Association, ST18 9AT
- Greater Manchester/Yorkshire
Thursday 30 November, Rochdale Cricket, Lacrosse and Squash Club, OL11 5BX
Friday 24 November, Walthamstow Cricket, Tennis and Squash Club, E17 3QN
Places on the courses will go on a first come first serve basis so express an interest in attending the training as soon as possible.