There are approximately eight weeks in between days two and three of the qualification - during which you will be required to conduct a player needs analysis, and plan, deliver and evaluate 10 lessons (five individual and five group lessons). You'll also need to complete a number of home study tasks.
Your course tutor will provide ongoing support throughout the duration of the Award. In addition, you’ll be mentored in your practice sessions by an identified coach mentor within your club or facility.
At the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Prepare for, deliver and review squash coaching sessions to individuals and groups
- Effectively use the Golden Rules of Coaching
- Use appropriate how to coach and what to coach skills to effect change
- Use a variety of coaching styles to cater for different learning styles
Using appropriate developmental progressions to incrementally develop your player or players
- Create a safe and positive coaching environment
Coach the technical & tactical principles of the grip, drive, volley, service & service return, boast, drop & lob
To attend the Level 2, you need to:
- The course costs £260 and you must be and England Squash coach member (costs £40 and includes Public Liability Insurance).
- You will also need to pay for a DBS enhanced check (approx. £18), attend a safeguarding workshop or course (approx. £20) and First Aid qualification (from £25+VAT).
There may be some financial assistance available in your area - check out our funding opportunities.