Guidance for players
Advice for returning to the court safely
Last updated 14 May
Squash is back! From Monday 17th May England moves to Step 3 of the COVID Spring Recovery plan meaning you can play full court squash with different households. This means you can play multiple households without having to form a squash bubble or play modified versions of the game.
What can I play?
- Adults and juniors from different households can play full court squash – e.g best of five games with tie breaks, and singles and doubles.
- Up to four adults or juniors can get on court at any time allowing for doubles.
Returning to your club/venue
Due to the UK Government restrictions still in place including social distancing, your club/venue will still need to implement safety protocols based on our Back to Squash guidelines.
Please be patient with your club/venue as they implement these procedures. Get in touch with them directly to find out if and when they will reopen and what their rules are, including booking procedures.
Do I still have to follow safety protocols?
Play safe, stay safe
Yes. You must continue to observe current UK Government advice on COVID-19 for your own health and safety, and everyone at your club/venue. Key things to remember are:
- Maintain social distancing off court.
- Wear a face covering off court.
- Wash your hands before and after you play.
Below are some guidelines that you must follow in order to play to keep you and fellow players safe: