Apply to open your club/venue to elite players
The UK Government have announced that clubs and venues can open their courts for elite players to train at during the second national lockdown so long as it meets established protocols set out by the national governing body. Find out which squash players are classed as elite and how your club/venue can apply through England Squash.
Players classed as elite by the UK Government:
- an individual who derives a living from competing in a sport
- a senior representative nominated by a relevant sporting body
- a member of the senior training squad for a relevant sporting body, or;
- aged 16 or above and on an elite development pathway
For further information, visit Gov.uk.
How to apply
In the first instance, any elite player being considered by your club/venue must be approved by England Squash by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once players have been approved by our performance team, clubs/venues will need to successfully complete the following before given further approval by England Squash:
- Your club/venue must complete an enhanced risk assessment supplied by England Squash which must be approved by a qualified physician.
- Players that meet the elite criteria above must complete a COVID-19 medical questionnaire supplied by England Squash which must be approved by a qualified physician.
- England Squash must receive a copy of the club’s enhanced risk assessment and each player’s return to play plan.
- It is the club’s responsibility to ensure the appropriate protocols and procedures are in situ and adhered to at all times.
- Clubs are responsible for signing-off players and engaging the services of a qualified physician.
- Clubs must not make courts available to any other players, or open for other uses.
For any queries, please contact email@example.com.