Our online Level 1 - Participation Coach will be live in January.
E-mail email@example.com to register your interest and receive a notification when the course goes live.
This online coaching award provides your first steps into coaching and is a pre-requisite for those wishing to take the England Squash Club Coaching Award (Level 2). All learning modules will need to be completed via our e-learning platform
On completion, you will be able to coach squash independently to groups of beginner players of any age.
The course cost includes one year's Coaches Club membership (worth £65) so you can get full access to all our great Coach member benefits.
Who it's for: ideal if you’re an aspiring coach with limited experience of coaching squash or a parent / leader looking to coach beginners of any age or increase squash participation.
How long does it last: Once enrolled candidates will have 30 days to complete the four modules. Each module takes on average 75 minutes to complete.
You’ll learn a number of techniques and concepts to help you develop and delver programmes for beginner players.
You will improve your understanding of skills such as building rapport, explaining and demonstrating and keeping sessions safe. You will also learn about basic techniques and tactics of the sport and ideas to deliver fun and engaging sessions to a variety of players.
You’ll discover how to support, enhance and develop players, and attract new ones. The course is made up of the following topics:
- Junior squash and how to deliver squash within a primary and secondary school environment.
- Coaching adult participants through Squash 101 in informal play settings.
- An introduction to squash girls can and squash 57 including how to access coaching resources and use the England Squash App.
- Diagnosing common faults in beginner players and delivering conditioned games activities to help improve their performance.
This course is delivered fully online so you will need to complete all modules and assessment through our e-learning system.
- You must be at least 16 years of age
- You will need to have a reasonable knowledge and understanding of the game
- The course content is optimised to be completed using a laptop/desktop computer with broadband internet access.
Before you are awarded your certificate, you will also need:
"I really enjoyed the course and it has given me a lot of insight into coaching opportunities and so many resources." Madeline (Brighton)
"The course was very relevant and covered enough detail for those new to Squash and squash 57." Marc (Wolverhampton)
"This was very good and explained the concepts in a user friendly manner ... I think it's great to have a way to become qualified as a coach through an online course." Dilwynn (Warwickshire)