Regulations and key updates to 2018/19 season
At England Squash, we're constantly looking for ways to improve our provision and opportunity across the competition structure.
Any changes we include will have first gone through a process of consultation using the Junior Focus Group, our National Performance Team, test competitions, and external consultation. Our consultation on changes come from a variety of sources acknowledging the implications to competitors, organisers, integration with systems and the talent development implications.
For the forthcoming season we have introduced the following key changes:
Addition of two further Gold events
- To create more opportunity for intense competition, and to allow for more head-to-head matches for the higher ranked players
Greater clarity of selection events for England juniors
- Platinum and gold events fall as mandatory selection events where players must play at the age group they wish to be selected for.
- Silver events fall as selection events where head-to-head results count towards selection and players may play in age group of choice and most suited to their ability.
Addition of Bank Holiday Silvers
- To reduce the pressure of missing school for Friday matches and for parents' work commitments. To better make use of the holidays within the season.
Regionalised spread of events and building in of a feedback window for event tenders
- Following our tender windows, this season we have built in feedback from regional forums. This has enabled chance for feedback, therefore ensuring local and national spread and action planning spots in the country and season needing more events
One-day Bronze events
- Re-inclusion of the popular one-day events at Bronze level
Copper points for County Closeds
- Aiming to support players lower down the pathway and integration of them into the competition structure, along with further supporting county associations.
Bronze points for Regional Closeds
- Aiming to support players lower down the pathway and integration of them into the competition structure, along with further support of regional forums.
Under 11s inclusion in Silver events
- This is to fall in line with the inclusion last season and to complete this integration of the lower age group.
Under 9s at Copper events
- To create an earlier opportunity for Under 9 players to enter the pathway and experience it.
17" tin addition for a few Silver events in the season for Under 17s and Under 19s
- This is aimed to give players the experience of playing on the lower tin, in preparation for the skills required, should they progress up to the PSA World Tour.
Please see below our regulations across our competitions: