National Junior Rankings
Find out where you stack up against your friends in your age group, in your county and across the country!
- Ranking lists are produced for Mixed Under 9 and Boys & Girls Under 11, 13, 15, 17 and 19 categories.
- The rankings are calculated from results on a rolling 12-month period.
2 March 2023
The new points-based rankings system for junior players competing in England Squash sanctioned competitions is now live. The new rankings, powered by SquashLevels, automatically use finishing position data from Sport Manager, and will be updated and shared monthly. Rankings will be calculated using a points system that has been developed with feedback and input from parents, players and coaches. Read full story.
How points are calculated
Rankings points can be gained by competing in any of the following England Squash Sanctioned competitions.
- Platinum (English Junior Championships, British Junior Championships and British Junior Open)
Note: Points ranking for British Junior Open results will only apply for English players.
Once a player has completed an event and has an official finishing position they will automatically be given the corresponding ranking points for that level of competition. You can view the points tables below.
Rankings are based on:
- An average of a player's best 6 results (or 5 results for Under 19s).
- Results in the last 12 months (n.b - at the start of the season this will include results from the previous season)
- If a player plays up an age group, then points will only be allocated for the age group they play in. If a player plays up more than one age group no points will be allocated.
- When a player moves up an age group 50% of their previous points will be carried forward. This change will be reflected in the first ranking update following the player's birthday.
Junior Rankings points table
The table below shows the points awarded for each finishing position at each level of competition.
Junior ranking points by competition level
The table below shows the points awarded for each finishing position at each level of competition. Click on the competition level to see the number of points allocated to each final finishing position
What we use rankings for
Satellite and Challenger Competitions
- For Satellite and Challenger competitions, England Squash will use the National Junior Rankings to do all seedings.
- All questions relating to seedings for satellite and challenger events must be directed to the tournament organiser.
- If you believe there is an error with a ranking please report it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Silver, Gold and Platinum Competitions
- For Silver, Gold and Platinum competitions a seedings panel will meet to determine the seeds for each age group using the rankings as a guide only.
- The seedings panel will be led by an experienced chair, supported by other coaches with highly relevant expertise and knowledge. The make up of the panel may vary from event to event.
- When draws are created the first and second seeded players will be placed at the top and bottom of the draw respectively. The rest of the seeds are placed as follows:
- 3-4 seeds are drawn and placed randomly
- 5-8 seeds are drawn and placed randomly
- 9-12 seeds are drawn and placed randomly
- 13-16 seeds are drawn and placed randomly
- 17-24 seeds are drawn and placed randomly
- 25-32 seeds are drawn and placed randomly
Junior England, England Development and England Potential squad selection
In some instances we may use rankings to guide selection for various representative squads. Whilst rankings are not explicitly part of the selection policy, the rankings list can provide a useful overview of current and recent performance. As such rankings may be used in conjunction with other information to help inform squad selection. You can read our full selection policy here.
England Squash Ratings
Separate to the England Squash Junior Rankings is the England Squash Junior and Senior Ratings, also powered by Squash Levels. Find out more.
If you have a ranking query please email competitions about by including the following information in your email to email@example.com and please send one email per a participant if you have multiple queries
- Full Name of Participant/Player
- Date of Birth of Participant/Player
- Participants/Players Ranking Age Category (e.g. Girls Under 17)
- Participants/Players England Squash ID number
- Participants/Players representative county
- Description of the enquiry