National Junior Rankings
Find out where you stack up against your friends in your age group, in your county and across the country!
- The National Junior Rankings was frozen in April 2020 due to COVID19. Our first update since the suspension is now available.
- Please view our updated Rankings Policy to understand the changes that have been made due to COVID-19.
- Ranking lists are produced for Boys and Girls Under 11, 13, 15, 17 and 19 categories. Our newly formed Mixed Under 9 category will start in September 2021.
- The rankings are calculated from tournament results on a rolling 12-month period. Due to COVID19 we will be extending this period to a 22-month period.
- A player’s best seven results from the previous 12 months (extended to 22-months from September 2021) are used to calculate their ranking.
Our first mid-month rankings update is now available for September. Please see details of eligible tournaments for the update in the information below. The first September update is currently not showing on the archived rankings however we will be uplaoding this to the archive by the end of the month.
Following the restart of the rankings in September 2021, we are expecting a high volume of ranking enquiries. Please be aware that we will only accept and amend ranking errors which are submitted via the online rankings query form below.
Submission of errors made within 48 hours of the rankings update will be dealt with as soon as possible. Errors submitted outside of the 48 hour window will be corrected in the next rankings update which will now take place on a bi-weekly basis.
Before submitting your enquiry please take the time to review our updated Rankings Policy and our Sanctioned Event Rules & Regulations 2021/22 as several policies have been amended since the last update in April 2020.
Copper and Bronze Competitions
- For Copper and Bronze competitions, England Squash will seed appropriately from the Junior National Ranking system.
- All seeding related questions must be directed towards the tournament organiser. We will not accept submission of any copper or bronze seeding requests. If there is an error with you ranking please report it via the rankings queries form.
Silver, Gold and Diamond Competitions
- Rankings data in accordance with the updated rankings policy will be used.
- A seeding panel will be chaired by the Talent Pathway Lead supported by a minimum of two England High Performance Coaches and/or Aspire Head Coaches. Changes to ranking based seeds may be made under conditional circumstances.
- International players seeding will be supported by representatives from their relevant international NGB’s
Changes to seeding will only be considered for seeding brackets of 5/8 upwards where significant evidence is present demonstrating results, and head-to-head records, in any Silver/Gold/Diamond/Platinum level junior competitions. To submit a seeding
- All evidence must be submitted to the Seeding portal with 2 working days of draws being published to be considered. Any evidence provided outside of the portal will not be accounted for.
- England Squash will not take any requests over the phone relating to seedings. You will be directed immediately to the Seeding Portal.
Return of the England Squash National Junior Rankings
The National Junior Rankings are now live for September 2021! Please be aware that since the last update in April 2020 several changes have taken place and it will take a little bit of time for the rankings to level out again. To account for some of the issues caused by the inactive months we have made the following changes:
- The eligibility period for counted results has been extended temporarily from 12 months to 22 months. Please see our Rankings Policy for more details.
- A temporary seeding policy will apply between September 2021 to March 2022. The Talent Pathway Lead supported by a minimum of two England High Performance Coaches and/or Aspire Head Coaches will review and make changes to the seeding list in conditioned circumstances. Please see our updated Sanctioned Event Regulations for further details.
- Players who have aged up during the inactive months will automatically be moved up to their new age category in the first update, carrying up 4 of their best results at half the value from their previous age category.
- We will update the rankings on a biweekly basis from September 2021. Further details for the cut off dates can be found below.
- A mixed under 9’s ranking category will start in September. Ranking points and results from the mixed U9 division will not be carried up to the ages above.
Extended Eligibility Period
Due to the extended period of inactivity caused by COVID-19 the eligibility period for results has been extended on a temporary basis to results obtained within the 22 months prior to date of publication (this will include 8 months’ worth of active results). When we reach the 1st February 2022 rankings update, the eligibility period will change to results obtained within the 8 months prior to the date of publication. This eligibility period will increase month by month until the second update of June 2022 where the eligibility period for results will resume under its usual 12-month period.
The extended period will cover the following:
September 2021 v1 Rankings: Results from 28th November 2019 to 27th August 2021
September 2021 v2 Rankings: Results from 12th December 2019 to 11th September 2021
October 2021 v1 Rankings: Results from 28th December 2019 to 27th September 2021
October 2021 v2 Rankings: Results from 12th January 2020 to 11th October 2021
November 2021 v1 Rankings: Results from 28th January 2020 to 27th October 2021
November 2021 v2 Rankings: Results from 12th February 2020 to 11th November 2021
December 2021 v1 Rankings: Results from 28th February 2020 to 27th November 2021
December 2021 v2 Rankings: Results from 12th March 2020 to 11th December 2021
January 2021 v1 Rankings: Results from 28th March 2020 to 27th December 2021
January 2021 v2 Rankings: Results from 12th April 2020 to 11th January 2021
The extended period will then reduce from 22 months to 8 months. An extra month will be added each month until we reach a 12-month eligibility period again.
February 2021 v1 Rankings: Results from 28th May 2020 to 27th January 2021
February 2021 v2 Rankings: Results from 12th June 2020 to 11th February 2021
March 2021 v1 Rankings: Results from 12th June 2020 to 27th February 2021
March 2021 v2 Rankings: Results from 12th June 2020 to 11th March 2021
April 2021 v1 Rankings: Results from 12th June 2020 to 27th March 2021
April 2021 v2 Rankings: Results from 12th June 2020 to 11th April 2021
May 2021 v1 Rankings: Results from 12th June 2020 to 27th April 2021
May 2021 v2 Rankings: Results from 12th June 2020 to 11th May 2021
June 2021 v1 Rankings: Results from 12th June 2020 to 27th May 2021
June 2021 v2 Rankings: Results from 12th June 2020 to 11th June 2021
Get added to the rankings
Can't find your name? If you'd like to be entered onto the rankings system, you will need to declare your eligibility and opt-in via the Event Information panel of your englandsquash.com account profile (or Child Accounts page of parent profiles for players whose accounts are managed by a parent).
For players already ranked, there's no need to submit recent results; these will be added automatically when they fall into the eligibility period (up to the 15th of each month).
How the rankings system works
National junior rankings are produced at the beginning of the month and include results from the preceding 12 months, up to and including tournaments concluding on the 15th of the previous month. Rankings points are assigned according to the junior rankings points tables.
Looking for more information? You can find a comprehensive guide to the junior ranking system on our support site explaining all the ins and outs, or you can have a look at the full junior rankings policy.