A six-day contact time qualification to enable candidates to analyse, develop and deliver player centred coaching and delivery plans that cover all areas of a player’s personal development.
Who it's for: If
you’re a Level 2 coach looking to
coach the technical and tactical requirements of squash to both juniors and
adults at advanced level (County and Regional) or support and
mentor other coaches – as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach.
During the course, you'll take part in the following coaching workshops:
- Strength and conditioning workshop (four hours): delivered by Keith Barker - Head of Strength and Conditioning at the English Institute of Sport and England Squash.
- Performance analysis and the coaching process: delivered by Gareth Chappell, Head of Performance Analysis at the English Institute of Sport and England Squash.
- Playing in partnerships: (three hours): delivered by David Campion, England Assistant National Coach.
- Growth mindsets (three hours): Lara Bartlett, Head of Sport Psychology at the English Institute of Sport and England Squash.
- Learning styles and skill games (three hours): delivered by Steve Townsend, England Squash High Performance Coach.
- The business of coaching (two hours): Chris Vine, England Squash Panel Tutor
Following the course you'll be able to:
- diagnose faults in technique
- develop strategies to present feedback and enhance effectiveness
- describe the physical demands of squash and the energy systems used
- identify, test and plan physical conditioning sessions for squash
- cover players' lifestyle skills
- implement appropriate techniques to enhance a player's mental toughness
- support and mentor other coaches – as a Head Coach and Assistant Coach.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Hold an appropriate Level 2 Award in Coaching Squash
- Valid DBS and safeguarding
The cost of the course is £1,100. The Level 3 award is hosted at the National Squash Centre in Manchester. If you wish to pay the course fee by instalments or have funding assistance in place please contact Kevin Stewart by email prior to application at email@example.com.
To register you:
- must be an England Squash coaching member (Membership costs £40 and includes Public Liability Insurance).
- need to hold an up to date DBS Enhanced Disclosure (approx. £18) safeguarding training (approx. £20) and first aid certificate.
There may be some financial assistance available in your area - check out our funding opportunities.