What is the purpose of this course?
This course will give you the understanding needed to run an England squash sanctioned event, tournament or competition.
How will I learn?
The course takes around 30-45 minutes to complete and is delivered exclusively online, enabling you to:
- Learn at your own pace
- Access the course whenever and wherever you are
- Take time to reflect on the recommended practices and ask any questions.
How do I book the course?
- Make sure you are logged into your England Squash account.
- Enrol on the course and follow the instructions to sign up. Once you have done this, you'll be enrolled within 3 working days of booking onto the course and emailed all of the necessary information you need to log in and undertake the course.
- Please note, this course is only available for tournament organisers
This online course consists of one module split into six sections that will need to be thoroughly read through and interacted with prior to completion. This course also has a 20 question, multiple choice assessment which you can only attempt after you have viewed all of the materials on this course. A mimimum of 80% is needed to pass the course, however, you can take the assessment as many times as you wish.
Upon completion of this course, you will have:
- Developed your knowledge of the requirements of hosting competitions, tournaments and events across all levels
- Understood the skills required to deliver exciting and engaging competitions, tournaments and events.
- Reflected on the ways which you will apply your learning to deliver an event in your chosen venue.
- Consolidated your knowledge of the England Squash rules and regulations.
- You must be at least 16 years of age and hold a valid England Squash player membership
- You will need to have a reasonable knowledge and understanding of the rules of the game.
- The course content is optimised to be completed using a laptop/desktop computer with broadband internet access.
- Your intended host venue(s) must be affiliated to England Squash in order to run a tournament, competition or event.
Before you are awarded your certificate, you will need to have undertaken a Safeguarding and Protecting Children Course (SPC1) and completed an England Squash DBS Enhanced Disclosure. We recommend that you undertake these prior to starting the online course modules so that there is no delay in administering your certification.
This course is free of charge. You do however need to currently possess a valid England Squash player membership.