A eight-day contact time qualification to enable candidates to analyse, develop and deliver player centred coaching and delivery plans that cover all areas of a player’s personal development.
Who it's for: a Level 2 coach looking to
coach the technical and tactical requirements of squash to both juniors and
adults at advanced level (County and Regional) or support and
mentor other coaches – as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach.
You'll need to attend the England Squash Talent Development (Level 3) Pre-requisite Workshop.
During the course, you'll take part in the following coaching workshops:
- Strength and conditioning workshop (four hours): delivered by Nathan Wells - Head of Strength and Conditioning at England Squash.
- Performance analysis and the coaching process: delivered by Gareth Chappell, Head of Performance Analysis at England Squash.
- Playing in partnerships: (three hours): delivered by David Campion, England National Coach.
- Learning styles and skill games: (three hours): delivered by Paul Carter, England Squash High Performance Coach.
Following the course you'll be able to:
- diagnose faults in technique
- develop strategies to present feedback and enhance effectiveness
- describe the physical demands of squash and the energy systems used
- identify, test and plan physical conditioning sessions for squash
- cover players' lifestyle skills
- implement appropriate techniques to enhance a player's mental toughness
- support and mentor other coaches – as a Head Coach and Assistant Coach.
The cost of the course is £1,200. The Level 3 award is hosted at the National Squash Centre in Manchester. If you wish to pay the course fee by instalments or have funding assistance in place, please contact Kevin Stewart by email prior to application at email@example.com.
There may be some financial assistance available in your area - check out our funding opportunities.