The Talent Development Award enables candidates to analyse, develop and deliver player centred coaching and delivery plans that cover all areas of a player’s personal development. The course consists of face to face practical sessions, bespoke webinars and tailored mentoring.
Who it's for: a Level 2 coach looking to
coach the technical and tactical requirements of squash to both juniors and
adults at advanced level (County and Regional) or support and
mentor other coaches – as a Head Coach or Assistant Coach.
“Without that level three qualification I wouldn’t
have been considered for the job. The course does help financially - it
definitely upskilled me and was a few days of great content. The best thing
about the course is being known as a Level Three coach - it allows you to apply
for jobs that you wouldn’t be able to otherwise, so it gives you kudos and gets
your foot in the door.”
Liam Gutcher, Head of Racquet Sports at Newcastle
“There are so many benefits to the course. The
Level Three goes through everything from performance analysis, strength and
conditioning, video analysis and peer reviews. It is a great course for building
confidence and taking your coaching to the next level.”
- Anna Vaughan-Hawkins, Cheshire County Coach
Find out more about the Level 3:
During the course, you'll take part in the following coaching workshops:
- Strength and conditioning workshop
- Performance analysis and the coaching process
- Playing in partnerships
- Learning styles and skill games
- Coaching Philosophy and Skill Acquisition
Following the course you'll be able to:
- diagnose faults in technique
- develop strategies to present feedback and enhance effectiveness
- describe the physical demands of squash and the energy systems used
- identify, test and plan physical conditioning sessions for squash
- cover players' lifestyle skills
- implement appropriate techniques to enhance a player's mental toughness
- support and mentor other coaches – as a Head Coach and Assistant Coach.
Before starting this course, you'll need to have attended the Talent Development (Level 3) Pre-requisite Workshop.
The cost of the course is £1,200. The Level 3 award is hosted at the Edgbaston Priory Club. If you wish to pay the course fee by instalments or have funding assistance in place, please contact Kevin Stewart by email prior to application at Alex.Bentham@englandsquash.com.
There may be some financial assistance available in your area - check out our funding opportunities.