Women's Squash Week 2021
Women's Squash Week is an international campaign that aims to celebrate and raise the profile of female squash. Our campaign this year is all about re-engaging female players in squash activities following the challenges of lockdowns and restrictions. Our latest Return to Play survey found that women are less likely to have returned to play squash than men.
Become a delivery partner
It's easy to get involved in Women's Squash Week! Simply host female-only, group, social event(s) at your club during the week. Remember to think about different audiences and what female players might want from these events. Some events might be designed to gently ease women back into squash or Squash 57, some could be fun competitions, and you could have beginner-friendly events. Some ideas:
- Beginner-friendly events
- Fun, social competition
- Back to squash / Squash 57 events for female players to ease back in
- Family events
Add your events to the squash finder now!
To join the campaign, simply add your Women's Squash Week events now by following the steps below:
- Go to https://101.englandsquash.com.
- Log in with your England Squash details (you must be a coach or leader).
- Go to sessions and select 'add new session'.
- Choose 'Women's Squash Week' as the session type and add the details.
- Select 'show on squash finder' then hit save!
Having difficulty adding events? Contact us on email@example.com
The squash finder will signpost people to your venue so check that your venue details are correct and be sure to add the information about your Women's Squash Week events to your clubs website / social media to make it easy for people to find and sign up to your actiivites.
Women's Squash Week is supported by Dunlop and the first 50 England Squash affiliated clubs / venues to add Women's Squash Week events will receive;
- 12 Dunlop PRO squash balls
- 12 Dunlop COMP squash balls
- 12 Dunlop INTRO squash balls
- 1 Giant Squash Ball (great to use in photo's for social media)
In the run up to the campaign we've organsied a series of webinars for affiliated clubs & venues and Coaches Club members to help you to get the most out of the campaign.
Join our series of Women's Squash Week online sessions designed to help you get the most of out the campaign.
- Marketing your Women's Squash Week activities: Hosted by Women In Sport this webinar will help you to define your audience so you can motivate female players to join the action. The session will explore how to market your activities and where to promote them to be most effective. Monday 16th August 12-1pm. Register now
- What next? Following Women's Squash Week we'd like to gain feedback from you and discuss ideas for the next steps for those female players. Thursday 30 September at 7pm Register now
- Replay our webinar from Thursday 15th July where our team reveal how your club/venue can get started with Women's Squash Week. View the slides
Know your target audience
The key to successful events and engaging female players is to understand what they are looking for and offer the right type of activity for them.
Midlife and menopause
A Women In Sport report show's that women overwhelmingly want to be more active during this life stage, but often face barrier in doing so.
Follow their five principles to inspire women to be active in midlife:
- Endless Possibilities – Expand perceptions and opportunities for being active.
- Judgement-Free Zone – Welcoming and supportive environment.
- Support Network – Offer built-in social support.
- Expand the Image of What Sporty Means – Inspiring, relatable role models.
- Make It Relevant – Reference specific, relevant benefits.
There's a drop of activity levels as girls reach teenage years and a change in their attitudes towards sport and physical activity. Only 10% of girls (age 13 – 16) meet the recommended 60 mins of activity a day. Women In Sport have a range of resources to support you to engage teenage girls in sport and physical activity.
Following the '8 principles for successes' from Women in Sport can help you plan your activities.1
- No judgement
- Invoke excitement
- Clear emotional reward
- Open eyes to what's there
- Build into existing habits
- Give girls a voice & choice
- Champion what's in it for them
- Expand image if what 'sporty' looks like
Promoting your Women's Squash Week events
Use the templates, and content below to promote your Women's Squash Week activities.
Download the Women's Squash Week 2021 logo (digital or print) to use on your web and social sites or for posters and t-shirts.
Download high quality images to promote your activities:
Social media graphics and promo materials
Press release template