Junior Inter County Championships
The Junior Inter County Championships is the largest event that we run with more than 1,000 players representing their counties in 10 different categories. This historic competition represents the pinnacle of county squash!
The event is split up into two weekends; Stage one and Finals.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic we are currently unable to confirm the dates for the 2020-21 championships. We continue to review the UK Government advice and will provide an update when we know more. Please visit our COVID-19 support page for further information.
A full copy of the updated regulations for the 2020-21 season will be available soon.
The championships consist of two stages. Stage one splits counties into four different regions where they will play off to secure a position in either the championship finals or trophy finals.
- The competition will be split North, South, Midlands and South West.
- Each age category will be split into groups with between 3 and 5 counties in each group.
- The winner of each group will go on to play in the finals, and the runner ups will go on to play in the trophy finals.
- Stage I will be played as a best of 3 format.
- Each final will be an 8 monrad draw which will be played out over the weekend.
- Plate finals will be a 4 team round robin format which will be played out over the weekend.
- Finals will be played as a best of 5 format.
- U13, U15, U17 Boys teams consist of 5 Players.
- U11, U19 Boys teams consist of 3 Players.
- U11, U13, U15, U17, U19 Girls teams consist of 3 Players.
- The Championships are managed by England Squash.
- Counties are responsible for entering teams and for the selection of players for teams.
- All players must be valid England Squash members in order to participate in the Championships.
For more information please contact the team - Junior.Intercounty@englandsquash.com