Senior Inter County Championships
The Inter County Championships is the largest competition that we run with more than 2,000 players representing their counties in 22 categories throughout the season across Senior, Masters and Junior categories.
The Senior Championships provide competitive opportunities for players beyond club level in a team environment, and the opportunity to represent their county.
The event is split up into two weekends, Division One and Premier.
Finals (Premier Division & Division 1 promotion): 9th - 10th April 2022
- Draws are 8 team monrad, meaning 3 matches for each team over the weekend (2 Saturday, 1 Sunday).
- Promotion groups have been drawn at random, Premier groups have been seeded according to the last pre Covid ICC.
- Court numbers aren’t fixed and could change but the timings of each match are set.
It will be an action packed weekend, with all positions being played out, there are a large number of matches resulting in a busy schedule so please be ready to play each match on time and sign in at the tournament desk before your first match each day. There will be some England Squash referees (numbers TBC) but for the courts that aren’t covered we ask that teams referee amongst themselves.
As per stage 1, prior to the weekend, make sure players are nominated on Leaguemaster. For Premier groups, please see the attachments containing leaguemaster logins and nomination guide.
Presentations will take place after the last match- please stay if you win!
All groups have been drawn at random with the following formats applied to fit the number of entries:
- Men - round robin groups with group winners to go through into an 8 team draw at the Finals weekend, with the top 2 teams gaining promotion to the Premier division.
- Women- round robin groups with the top 2 from each group to go through into an 8 team draw at the Finals weekend, with the top 2 teams gaining promotion to the Premier division.
The venues for the Finals are:
- Nottingham Squash Rackets Club
- Stage 1
- Division One will be played out over the 26th and 27th February 2022
- Counties have been split into randomly drawn groups of 3 or 4.
- The winner of each group in Division 1 will go into a promotion group to be played at the Premier Finals weekend in April 2022
- The Premier Divisions and Division 1 promotion groups will play out this weekend
- Both groups of counties will be played out in an 8 draw monrad format with the bottom two teams from Premier Division being relegated to Division One and the top two from Division One being promoted to the Premier Division.
- Two teams are promoted and relegated each season (where appropriate)
- Teams are made up of five players and played out as a best of 5 format
- The Championships are run by England Squash centrally
- Counties are responsible for entering teams and for the selection of players for teams
- All players must be valid England Squash members in order to participate in the Championships
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org