Senior Inter County Championships
The Inter County Championships is the largest event that we run with more than 2,000 players representing their counties in 22 categories throughout the season across senior, masters and junior categories.
The Senior Championships provide competitive opportunities for players beyond club level in a team environment, and the opportunity to represent their county.
The event is split up into two weekends, Division one and Premier.
Entries for this year's competition will be made online, county secretaries will be responsible for entering teams.
Deadline for entries is 1st October 2018
Entries for the 2018-19 tournament are now closed. We will be in touch shortly to confirm your teams entry into this years competition.
Stage I: 19th and 20th January
Finals: 6th and 7th April
Stage I North:
- Fulwood Sports Club, 33 Chorley Rd, Sheffield S10 3RL
- Abbeydale Park Rackets and Fitness Club, Abbeydale Rd S, Sheffield S17 3LJ
- Hallamshire Tennis and Squash Club, 716 Ecclesall Rd, Sheffield S11 8TA
Stage I South:
- South Coast TBC
- Nottingham University Squash Club, Beeston Ln, Nottingham NG7 2RD
- Nottingham Park Squash Club, 4 Tattershall Dr, Nottingham NG7 1BX
- The Manor Health and Racquets Club, Manor Rd, Ilkeston DE7 8AT
A full copy of the regulations can be downloaded here.
Division One and Division Two have been merged.
Squash 57 championships to be confirmed at a later date.
- Stage I:
- Division one will be played out over one weekend, the 19th and 20th January, with the event being played in either a southern or northern venue
- The north will be played out in Sheffield and the south will be played out on the south coast
- Counties will be split into 8 groups of between 3 to 5 these groups will be split 4 north and 4 south and play out in their separate venues over the weekend
- The winner of each group will go into a promotion group to be played out at the premier finals weekend
- The premier divisions and promotion group will play out this weekend
- The event will take place in Nottingham over the weekend of the 6th and 7th April
- Both groups of counties will be played out in an 8 draw monrad format with the bottom two teams from premier division being demoted to division one and the top two from the promotion group being promoted to premier
- Two teams are promoted and relegated each season (where appropriate)
- Only those teams in the Premier Divisions can win each category
- Teams are made up of five players
- Both weekends will be played out as a best of 5 format
- The Championships are run by England Squash centrally
- Counties are responsible for entering teams and for the selection of players for teams
- All players must be valid England Squash members in order to participate in the Championships
For more information contact email@example.com