Looking to attract more players? Our new programme Squash 101 is both fun and social, and great for getting more students on court. What's more, we've all the resources you need to deliver it at your uni for free!
Squash 101 leaders workshop
We're running free workshops at a number of venues to upskill students or staff in delivering Squash 101. During the three-hour workshop, you'll learn:
- marketing techniques to recruit new players
- how to deliver a Squash 101 session
- tips for keeping students playing the game.
Squash 101 resources
We'll give you all the kit you need to run an effective programme including:
- session plans with all the drills for a six-week course
- a squash leaders t-shirt
- an app which enables you to register players (training will be given)
- a box of balls.
What's more, we'll give you an England Squash certificate of completion to show to prospective employers once you've completed the workshop and delivered your first Squash 101 programme.
“So many more ways for a group of people to play squash on a single court than I ever thought possible."- Oliver Wheatley, University of Hull
How your uni could benefit
Hear how Derby University has boosted participation with Squash 101.
Book your place
If you're a uni student or staff member, you and two additional people can book onto the workshop at one of the following venues below.
- Bath University:16 September: 10am-1pm.
- Birmingham University: 23 September, 10am - 1pm
- Nottingham University: 27 September, 10am - 1pm
- Hallamshire Squash Club (Sheffield): 28 September, 10am-1pm.
- National Squash Centre (Manchester): 28 September, 10am-1pm.
- Southampton University: 29 September, 10am-1pm.
- Essex University: 13 October, 11am-2pm
- Leeds Beckett: 25 October, 2-5pm
- University of Cambridge: 27 October, 10am-1pm
- Imperial College: 29 October, 10am-1pm
- University of Gloucestershire: 3 November, 9am- 12pm
- Oxford Brookes: 10 November, 10am-1pm