Masters Inter County Championships
The Inter County Championships is the largest competition that we run with more than 2,000 players representing their counties in 22 categories throughout the season across senior, masters and junior categories. Dependent upon which category, there can be multiple divisions, from Premier to Division 2. The Masters Championships provide competitive opportunities for players beyond club level in a team environment, and the opportunity to represent their county.
Following an extensive review process which included consultation with County players & managers, the England Squash Masters committee and a Masters Inter County review group, the format for the 2021-22 season has changed.
For the upcoming season we will be running the following age categories: Men's Over 35s, 45s, 55s and 65s. Women's Over 40's and 50's.
For further details of this seasons changes and the review process please view our Masters Inter County review paper via the link below.
Entries for this years competition are now open and close on Monday 1st November 2021. Enter now via the link below.
There are 6 different categories in the Masters Championships:
- Men’s Over 35, 45,, 55 and 65
- Women's Over 40 and 50
Stage I: 5th and 6th March 2022
Finals: 30th April and 1st May 2022
Stage 1 of this years competition will be hosted by counties. Counties will be split into groups and a hosting county will be assigned to each group. Counties will only be required to host a maximum of 1 group across all divisions.
Stage 2 of this years competition will see finalists compete in a central location organised by England Squash. All remaining promotion and relegation groups will be split into groups and a hosting county will be assigned to each group.
Finals venue: TBC
- Stage I:
- Teams will be split into divisions. Premier Division will be top of the pyramid followed by Division 1 and Division 2.
- In each division, counties will be split into groups. Each group will be assigned a hosting county who is responsible for hosting the matches in that group.
- Teams that finish in the top 2 of their group will advance into promotion groups and teams who finish in the bottom 2 will advance into relegation groups.
- England Squash will host a finals weekend for the Premier Division which will decide who is crowned winner and the 2 teams that are relegated into Division 1.
- All remaining promotion and relegation groups in Division 1 & 2 will play-off. Hosting counties will be assigned.
- Teams are made up of five players, except the Men’s Over 65 and the Women's Over 40 and 50 divisions which consist of three players
- Players must be within the age category up to and including the date of the finals for their age group
- The Championships are run by England Squash centrally.
- Counties are responsible for entering teams and for the selection of players for teams.
- All players must be valid England Squash members in order to participate in the Championships.