How you're supporting the game
Your membership and affiliation fees are hugely important in helping to support and grow the squash community. England Squash reinvests all membership income into developing the game at all levels, from delivering grassroots initiatives to promoting safe and inclusive squash for children and adults alike. We also support the game through developing coaches and coach education, delivering competitions, promoting the sport and supporting clubs and volunteers.
Your membership fees combined amount to roughly £450,000 per year which helps us to:
- provide more than 100 annual competitive junior opportunities - from junior copper events to the British National Championships
- develop participation programmes (e.g Squash 101 and Squash Stars) to support clubs to engage new and existing audiences
- create inclusive programmes (e.g Squash from the Mosque and Mixed Ability Squash) for the squash community to deliver to increase the diversity of the sport
- create awareness campaigns (e.g Rally Together) to support the community to create a more inclusive environment where everyone can thrive
- support, enhance and grow a thriving community of people (including coaches, referees, tournament organisers, club developers and county programme managers) who help to make squash accessible and safe
- support county associations to promote and organise local playing opportunities. County associations receive up to 20% of the membership and affiliation income for developing the game locally
- Campaigns to get people playing including grants for clubs to run new activities and to help get coaches qualified.
Under the new scheme, we are planning on giving members the opportunity to have more say on where their membership fees go, by voting for grassroots projects that they feel deserve support. We’ll be sharing further news on this initiative in the coming months.